Giving your dog Life Abundance dog food is great for your dog’s health. Of course, you will be happy if you see your dog looks cheerful and active when with you. However, sometimes, you can also provide homemade food for your dog. There are many types of dog food that you can make that can also fill your spare time. Not all foods can and are good to be given to dogs. If you often give your dog home-made food, it’s a good idea to pay attention to foods like the following:
1. Before providing homemade food to your dog, you should consult a veterinarian. Some dogs may have allergies to certain foods.
2. A good diet for dogs contains 40% meat, 30% vegetables, and 30% starch.
3. Raw meat is healthier than cooked meat. This is because raw meat still contains a lot of water which is great for maintaining fluid levels in your dog’s body. Cooking meat can also reduce the protein and vitamin levels in it.
4. Eggs, without or with oysters, beef, chicken, turkey, and ostrich meat you can give to dogs. These foods are rich in protein and nutrients.
5. Because dogs are very fond of bones, you can provide chicken bones for their food. Provide fresh, uncooked bones.
6. Food for dogs should contain vegetables such as broccoli, celery, asparagus, lettuce, carrots, and cabbage. If your dog is bloated from eating vegetables, then you shouldn’t feed it.
7. Oatmeal, pasta, rice, and potatoes are rich in starch. This is easy to make food for your dog.
8. Some foods can be dangerous if given to dogs. For example, garlic, grapes, raisins, shallots, and artificial sweeteners.
So, here comes the homemade food you can give your pet dog. Now, start cooking and feeding your beloved dog.